For B&C, the protection of your privacy is as important as it is to you. We live in a data-driven society where technology is complex. It can be difficult to keep up to date on how personal data is used.
Our commitment: a promise to respect your privacy by clearly explaining how we protect it through confidentiality rules.
HOW B&C IS COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
At B&C, we respect our customers' privacy and take great care to protect their personal information.
We want you to understand why we collect your personal information. We also want to be sure that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose them.
The following is a brief summary of our privacy practices.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Once you have joined our growing community of customers, B&C will collect some basic personal information about you. We understand that some of this information is private, so we collect it only for the following purposes:
- Establish and maintain a responsible professional relationship with you and ensure continuous service. For example, when you purchase our products, we collect information that allows us to confirm your identity so that we can bill you correctly and receive your payment for the products we send you.
- Understand your needs and preferences. We keep a record of the products and services you order and may ask you for additional information to better serve you. For example, we will ask you for your email address when you pay for your purchases electronically.
- Develop, improve, market or supply products. For example, we look at how our customers interact with our products so that we can improve them.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To protect your personal information and privacy, B&C :
- Protects your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- Protects the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other companies.
- Keeps your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as necessary for identification purposes.
Personal information collected by B&C may be stored and processed in Canada or in another country. In both cases, the information is protected by appropriate security measures, but may be made available to government agencies under applicable law.
USE OF B&C WEBSITE
Cookies tell B&C which pages of its websites have been visited and how many people have visited each of them. This helps us improve the online experience for visitors. Cookies also serve to identify your computer so that your preferences can be saved for future visits and Bois & Cuir works with third parties who use these cookies to help us manage traffic and perform statistical analyses.
We use Google AdWords remarketing to help promote B&C products and services on the Internet. AdWords remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to your needs based on the content you have already viewed on the B&C websites by placing a cookie on your computer. This cookie does not identify you in any way, nor does it allow you to access your computer or mobile device. The cookie is used to say "This person has visited this page, show them ads related to this page."
Google AdWords remarketing allows us to customize our marketing according to your needs and display only ads that are relevant to you. You can choose not to be part of some or all of the ads on the Internet by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI).
WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, we want you to know that you have a choice and that you can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You Can contact us to request that your name be removed from our Marketing lists for telephone, mail or e-mail. We use these lists to inform you of products, services and special offers that may be useful to you.
- You may refuse to provide us with personal information. You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, in both cases, this may limit our ability to serve you. For more information, please contact us. Unless you indicate otherwise, we will assume that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified in this document. To learn more, please contact customer service by phone at 1-866-820-0227 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.